What would San Francisco look like in the event of sizemic tsuinimi as Japans?
Any one know, the stimulative differences topographically and geographically of the effects of the same degree as the quake and Tsunami of march 11-2011 if it happened in San Francisco on the San Andreas fault line ? I am wondering if anyone out there knows the geography of the city its high hills and underling mass well enough to describe what this event would look like in our beloved city (hypothetically) of course.
IS`T IMPOSSIBLE,THE PACIFIC OCEAN CURRENTS ,STOP THE WAVES FROM JAPAN ISLANDS.
CALIFORNIA DON`T HAVE HEAVY VOLCANS?
"sizemic tsuinimi "
No idea what that might be.
The last guy was right, its impossible for a tsunami of the same proportion to occur because the fault line is located on land rather than in the ocean. if anything if there was a tsunami of the same proportion, it would be just as bqd as the one in japan. seeing images of this tsunami makes me doubt our hills (yes I live in san francisco) would slow the waves down at all.
There are still pictures on the last huge San Francisco earthquake. You can see them for yourself.
Popularity: 1% [?]
- Tsunami News – Mission Loc@l : News From San Francisco's Mission District
- Is the tsunami from Japan still going on?
- Did the Japan Earthquake cause the Japan Tsunami in 2011?
- Dog rescued from ocean debris 3 weeks after Japan tsunami wags tail at reunion … – Washington Post
- What is the risk of tsunami in the caribbean?