DADT, Dream Bills to See Saturday Votes
WASHINGTON, DC – the Senate will vote Saturday on a couple of bills Democrats want to push through before Christmas.
One of them is to repeal “Don’t ask, Don’t Tell,” the 1993 law that governs gays in the military. the other is the DREAM act, designed to allow illegal immigrants who were brought to the U.S. by their parents to become legal, if they join the military or go to college.
Both bills will come up for procedural votes Saturday, and if either gets 60 votes, it will go to a final vote Sunday.
Both bills are backed by Sen. Harry Reid.
Posted by: Joe Location: Reno, NV. on Dec 17, 2010 at 10:53 AM here is the number for the CAPITOL SWITCHBOARD — 202-224-3121. please call Senators and urge them to vote “NO” on the Dream Act.
Popularity: 1% [?]
- Daunte Culpepper Looking To Talk To Bills « Toronto Bills Blog
- Harry Reid, Please Meet Marco Rubio And The LAU
- Why are Libs blaming the GOP filibuster for their inability to pass anything when they had 60 Senate votes?
- The South End :: A DREAM could become reality
- Amnesty Advocates Set to Bring DREAM Act to the Floor! Want to guess who has to pay for this?