70s Teen Icon, Leif Garrett, Arrested For Heroin Possession – Indyposted
Police found Garrett shaking and shivering at the Metro subway station at Pershing Square in Los Angeles. He denied having drugs, saying his “condition” when he’s around police. He denied having any drugs and allowed the deputies to search him. Police found black tar heroin in his shoe.
He was released on bond from the county jail at about 1:30 a.m. Wednesday. He is due back in court on Feb. 24.
Garrett started acting at age five. in his teens he became a teen heartthrob, the darling of magazines like Tiger Beat and kicking out such tasty jams as, “I Was made for Dancing.” The disco hit blew up in the US and the U.K. Then came his general spiral down a long path of drugs and jail.
Some of his greatest hits:
In 2006, Garrett was arrested on the Red Line subway on a charge of possession of heroin.
In 1999, Los Angeles police arrested the bandanna-wearing musician in the MacArthur Park area after he allegedly tried to buy narcotics from undercover officers.
In 1979, Garrett was behind the wheel of a Porsche and allegedly under the influence of beer and drugs when he rear-ended a car, leaving his passenger disabled.
[Los Angeles Times] Tags: Stories From Around the Web: More stories From Around the Web:
Popularity: 1% [?]
- Up-And-Coming Rapper Wiz Khalifa Arrested On Marijuana Possession Charges At East Carolina University Bossip.com
- Chris Rainey arrested: Gators player and former Lakeland star charged with aggravated stalking, woman wants charges dropped
- Colts’ McAfee arrested for drunken canal swim
- Man arrested in slaying of 17-year-old Wash. girl – Northwest – The Olympian – Olympia, Washington
- Wiz Khalifa Arrested in North Carolina