Windows Phone 7: Bill Gates' future is born
When Microsoft unveiled Windows Phone 7 Series yesterday, we wondered if the company started working on this operating system back in 2005. Bill Gates posted an essay titled “The New World of Work” back then, which kind of revealed how the Microsoft founder wanted his company to evolve.
With the introduction of Windows Phone 7 Series, we’re seeing one of the first end-user products coming out of Microsoft that really takes what Bill Gates envisioned back in 2005 to the market. Of course, the Zune and Xbox LIVE integration goes beyond what Bill Gates was writing about at the time, and WP7’s “Life in Motion” gives the platform a reach beyond the productivity worker, but it’s all the stuff that is hidden beneath the surface that is really interesting.
There hasn’t been made available much information about what Windows Phone 7 Series can pull off, but we recommend checking out Bill Gates’ essay from 2005, as it’ll give you a good clue about what Windows Phone 8 Series will offer if WP7 can’t pull it all off later this year.
Popularity: 1% [?]
- Samsung Focus for AT&T, November 8th Release Date Confirmed by Windows Phone 7 Advertisments [Leaked Windows Phone 7 Ads Confirm November 8th Release Date, Samsung Focus Smartphone for AT&T] » TFTS – Technology, Gadgets & Curiosities
- Windows Phone 7 Series: Taking a Closer Look
- What to expect from Windows Phone 7
- MWC 2010: Microsoft talks up Windows Phone 7
- Windows Phone 7 Spotlights SharePoint Collaboration