Montel Williams cited for carrying marijuana pipe at airport
TV celebrity Montel Williams was cited with carrying a pipe commonly used to smoke marijuana Tuesday at an airport in the Midwest.
Williams, 54, was issued the citation for possession of drug paraphernalia after being caught with the pipe by Transportation Security Administration agents while going through a security checkpoint at Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, a news release from the Milwaukee County sheriff’s office stated.
Williams paid the $484 forfeiture and was released to resume his travel plans, according to the release.
Williams, who was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1999, has advocated for the legalization of marijuana for medical use and has said he uses the drug to ease the effects of his condition.
He has joined other medical marijuana advocates to implore Congress to allow him and other sick people to use the drug without fear of prosecution.
The former talk show host also founded the Montel Williams MS Foundation.
(c) 2011, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Visit JSOnline, the Journal Sentinel’s World Wide Web site, at http://www.jsonline.com/.
Distributed by McClatchy-Tribune Information Services.
Popularity: 1% [?]
- More storms likely in southern Wis.
- What Happen in Your Country ?: Newark Airport
- Where do I get a long Asian Pipe like the one in True Grit?
- Marquette's Williams credits team's character for unexpected season
- Up-And-Coming Rapper Wiz Khalifa Arrested On Marijuana Possession Charges At East Carolina University Bossip.com