Instant Analysis-Picks 17-24 2012 NFL Draft
Follow the NFL draft with our Draft Tracker: Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4 | Round 5 | Round 6 | Round 7
Instant Analysis-Picks 17-24 2012 NFL Draft Written by Curt Popejoy on 04/26/2012
17. Cincinnati Bengals-Dre’ Kirckpatrick, CB Aley Reiff, labama-Really like this pick. Kirckpatrick is a big physical kid and he’s not afraid to get his nose dirty and tackle. He’ll get to tackle his former teammate twice a year in Trent Richrdson too. Fills a definite need and while he’s going to draw some penalties, he’s got serious talent. LIKE IT!
18. San Diego Chargers-Melvin Ingram, DE South Carolina-I honestly think he should have gone well before guys like Coples and Irvin. He’s built to be that big rush LB in a 3-4. has a great first step, plenty of strength and can play all over the field. LOVE IT!
19. Chicago Bears-Shea McClellin, DE Boise State-A little shocked he went to a 4-3 team, but if Bruce Irvin can play a 4-3, McClellin absolutely can. He’s bigger and stronger and does everything a little better. Sort of a poor man’s JJ Watt LIKE IT!
20. Tennessee Titans-Kendall Wright, WR Baylor-Let me say this. I think Wright is a nice player. not a no. 1, and I think a large portion of his stats were amassed on plays he’ll never have in the NFL. Nice player, good fit, but don’t get it twisted. He’s not elite. LIKE IT!
21. new England Patriots-Chandler Jones, DE Syracuse-The Patriots needed and edge rusher, and if you are a going to be very happy with this yong man. Explosive and powerful, the best thing about taking Jones is there is plenty of tape to back up the pick. He’s going to be able to come in and contribute right away. LOVE IT!
22. Cleveland Browns-Brandon Weeden, QB Oklahoma State-This is why you are bad Cleveland. Weeden is old enough to mentor Colt McCoy. Played in a very dumbed down system that asked him to make zero reads. He’s not an upgrade from McCoy at this point and doesn’t help the team. HATE IT!
23. Detroit Lions-Riley Reiff, OT Iowa-I’ve been hard on Reiff, but thsi late he’s a steal. He’s going to be a great fit on this offense. probably never going to be a top tier LT, but he can be good on the left and great on the right. LOVE IT!
24. Pittsburgh Steelers-David DeCastro, OG Stanford-Slam dunk of the first round. they needed a dominant interior offensive lineman and they got the best interior olineman in the draft. He’ll plug in and start from day one. Steelers ask their guards to pull a lot and he’s the best in the draft. LOVE IT!
Last Edited: 04/26/2012
Popularity: 1% [?]
No related posts.