12:12: Sirens Sound on Hawaiian Coasts
Evacuation alarms articulate in Hawaii’s accessible littoral areas at 6 a.m. bounded time Saturday, (11 a.m. Eastern) as the arena able for what federal admiral say could be a alarming — but best acceptable not adverse — tsunami to hit the islands in the after-effects of the convulsion in Chile.As the sirens went off, bounded television account stations told admirers that the alarms were a warning, not an aborticide notice, to residents.The tsunami was accepted to access in Hawaii at 11:20 a.m., or 4:20 p.m. Eastern time.Brian R. Shiro, geophysicist at NOAA Pacific Tsunami Admonishing Center in Ewa Beach, Hawaii, said that computer models appearance that the appulse will be greatest in such spots as Hilo Bay on Hawaii Island and Kahului Harbor in Maui.In those areas, the tsunami after-effects could ability as aerial as six to 10 feet, mr. Shiro said. Elsewhere in Hawaii, the after-effects will acceptable be alone about two to three feet.
Popularity: 1% [?]
- Tsunami debris heading for North American coasts
- Earthquake With 8.8 Magnitude in Chile Sends Tsunami Barreling To Hawaii
- Residents along shorelines told to evacuate in advance of waves …
- Tsunami generated by Chile quake threatens Hawaii
- What countries are going to be affected by the tsunami in Japan?