NFL Draft Pick Chad Jones Seriously Injured In Car Crash
» by J. Brock June 25, 2010, 14:23pm
LSU two-sport star, Chad Jones, who was drafted by the new York Giants in April was in a significant car accident early Friday morning.
Jones underwent surgery Friday for a broken left leg and ankle following the single-car crash.
Jones is in critical condition in LSU Public hospital in new Orleans.
Jones’ agent said that the 21-year-old player was alert and was still in surgery in the early afternoon.
New Orleans’ WWL-TV reported Jones suffered “a fractured left leg and had arteries and nerves exposed,” and that doctors were trying to restore blood flow into Jones’ foot.
The cause of the crash is still not clear.
Jones, a safety, was drafted in the 3rd round of the NFL Draft.
At LSU he was part of the Tigers’ 2007 National championship team and he was also a left-handed relief pitcher for the LSU baseball team that won the 2009 College World Series.
He is one of only two players in NCAA history to win a BCS football championship and a College World Series.
Hopefully, Jones is able to regain use of his leg and return to his old form.
Popularity: 1% [?]
- KU’s Aldrich, Henry selected 11th, 12th in NBA draft – Dodge City, KS – Dodge City Daily Globe
- 2010 NHL Draft 3rd Pick: Florida Panthers Select Erik Gudbranson
- NBA Draft and why we should get rid of the high school to NBA rule?
- Broncos’ Fox, Elway, Xanders very busy in NFL draft preparation
- When it comes to baseball draft, you just never know